Governmental Responses and Actions to Dr. Nianzhi Jiao's Proposals on Marine Carbon Sink Related Environmental Issues
1. Dr. Jiao's proposal on Marine Carbon Sink was selected by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) as the "Best proposal".
2. Dr. Jiao was invited by the National Committee for Climate Change Consultation to give a lecture on marine carbon sink and its relationship to climate change, and thereby participated in the documentation to China central government. The marine carbon sink proposal was read and commented by Vice Premier Gaoli Zhang and then Premier Keqiang Li
3. The Ministry of Sci &Tech of China (MOST) adopted the idea of marine carbon sink and supported some major research projects in the 13th five-year program (such as "Processes and Approaches of Coastal Ecosystem Carbon Sequestration" and a paleo-current combined process study project "Mechanisms of Marine Carbon Storage and Coupled Carbon, Nitrogen and Sulphur Cycles in Response to Global Change").
4. The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Advisory Committee set a consulting project on "Integrated Land-Ocean Carbon Sink and Environmental Issues" led by Dr. Jiao.
5. The State Ocean Administration (SOA) has initiated planning for a major program on marine carbon sink and environmental issue for the next 5 to 10 years in 2016.